Hashimoto’s disease also known as chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis. It is causes inflammation of thyroid. It is a type of autoimmune disease in which your own body attacks your own tissues. This disease can be handled effectively using proper diet and exercise.
Diet to be followed for Hashimoto’s disease:
1. Following healthy and balanced diet will reduce Hashimoto’s disease.
2. Another essential thing is one should not skip breakfast for any reason. Even small amount of food with be of great help.
3. Have a goal to maintain the calories between 1,700 and 2,000 per day. Try adding major lean protein to your diet. examples might be beans, egg, seeds, peas etc. They are rich in magnesium and iron.
4. Add vegetables to your diet plan.
5. Fruits are essential for reducing this disease as they are of low fat.
6. One should eat regularly for avoiding this disease. Have break ups in eating, have food for every three to four hours.
7. Whole grains like wheat, barely, millet, oats should be taken regularly.
8. Fish oil, sunflower seeds are another source which increases immunity and also raises production of thyroid hormone.
9. Drink lots of water to prevent Hashimoto’s disease.
10. Should have good sleep in night to reduce Hashimoto’s disease.
11. Exercise should be done regularly to minimize chances of Hashimoto’s disease.
Hashimoto’s disease : Diet to be avoided.
1. It is best to avoid eating sugar and some refined food.
2. Leafy vegetables like spinach, cauliflower are best to avoid.
3. Iodine content must be reduced in your diet.
4. Fiber content in food should be reduced.
Diet is not only the source to reduce Hashimoto’s disease. It is necessary that one mind should be free from stress, should have positive attitude regarding the disease. One should also reduce exposure to environmental factor that affects his or her immune system. One should also monitor the hormone level regularly and consult the doctors in case of issues. Thus Hashimoto’s disease is curable with proper diet and exercise. Alternatively you can also take thyroid supplements for any subclinical or mild hypothyroidism in addition to the above recomended steps for your optimal health.